View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 11:11 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Interesting thread. I am always questioning the docs when I go in for appointments. I have a feeling that they don't like me because of that...

I LOVED Vioxx, and was so angry when it got yanked. I would have signed a waiver if they'd let me. I have never had an arthritis drug work as effectively as Vioxx...

I do feel that greed is the motivator in most of our culture today, and it stretches across the medical profession as well. Added to that managed care, and the pittance some docs are paid (through their contract, I admit), and the 15 minute limit they are contracted with each patient, and it's easy to see that the care we remember from our youth is no longer offered.

I am not one who believes that the medical community is conspiring against patients...but...they have profit as the number one reason for being in business, especially the pharma industry. Otherwise, they would be pouring research dollars into possible treatments for many diseases that wouldn't be profitable for them.
Added to that the over-ordering of tests by docs, and over-prescribing drugs, and it's no wonder that patients feel vicitimized by the medical community...
Blessings2You (04-17-2012), Dejibo (04-17-2012), ginnie (04-17-2012), Kitty (04-17-2012), Lynn (04-19-2012), SallyC (04-17-2012)