View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 12:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Sensitive to jolting - information?

So my cognitive issues are now much improved

However I'm still very sensitive to any sort of jolting. I have not run for a year because each step would be too much of a jolt, and I am still very uncomfortable going over speed bumps in a car (leaning forward helps FYI).

So the only real issue in terms of work is that what I call this 'fragility' or sensitivity precludes me taking part in from significant aspects of my job, which my employer is now getting touchy about.

It has helped in the past when I have found evidence and information from official sources to show my employer that my weird cognitive symptoms are recognised sequelae of a head injury. There are plenty of references to concentration and attention difficulties, fatigue, overstimulation, headaches and other common symptoms.

However this 'fragility' I have (and which I know many others on here have). Doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere. I don't know how common it is, if there's anything I can do to help get rid of it, and I don't have anything to show my employer to help convince them that I'm not malingering in some way. I was offered CBT to overcome my anxiety the other day - but I'm not overly anxious, I just know that any impact to my head would be disastrous and am trying to avoid it.

Does anyone know of any reliable evidence or information on this symptom?

Since recovery I have achieved a Master's degree with distinction in Neurological Occupational Therapy
Klaus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote