View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 05:29 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Tremor, dyskinesia

I don't know about you, but over a decade into this disease and my major complaints are tremoring and dyskinesia. They drive me nuts, crazy, freaky and otherwise disturbed and agitated.
I don't have them all the time, but when I do, it's a general storm of misaligned electrical activity in my brain and my body. I flew home a few weeks ago to see my folks, and I was lucky that there was nobody beside me in the next seat. I was so dyskinetic that I was writhing like snakes on a plane . I kept kicking the seat in front of me and got constant head turnings with dirty looks. I wanted so badly to say "sorry, i have PD and I can't help this" but what good would it have done?
THose who could see me, probably thought that I was severely mentally retarded (I had a mentally retarded friend when I was a kid, who made all kinds of chorionic motions, similar to what I was now doing).
What do you use to settle down? I use klonopin and neurontin, but not on a regular basis. It seems when my blood levels of these "antiepileptic" type of drugs gets low, or I'm really nervous over something, I fly into "fits" of tremor and dyskinesias. Sound familiar? cs
ol'cs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote