Old 04-17-2012, 03:40 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sallysblooms View Post
My doctor has me taking Carniclear, liquid. It is good. Great for my Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and nerves also. This has B12 and B5 also.

http://www.rockwellnutrition.com/Car...3.html#tablist
That liquid is quite expensive... Carnitine is not well absorbed orally, even in liquid form.

Quote:
L-Carnitine Supplements

While bioavailability of L-carnitine from the diet is quite high (see Dietary L-Carnitine), absorption from oral L-carnitine supplements is considerably lower. According to one study, bioavailability of L-carnitine from oral supplements (0.5-6 gram dosage) ranges from 14%-18% of the total dose (5). Less is known regarding the metabolism of the acetylated form of L-carnitine, acetyl-L-carnitine (ALCAR); however, bioavailability of ALCAR is thought to be higher than L-carnitine. The results of in vitro experiments suggest that ALCAR is partially hydrolyzed upon intestinal absorption (10). In humans, administration of 2 grams of ALCAR per day for 50 days increased plasma ALCAR levels by 43%, suggesting that some acetyl-L-carnitine is absorbed without hydrolysis or that L-carnitine is reacetylated in the enterocyte (5).
from http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocente...uts/carnitine/

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote