View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 03:58 PM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenntaj View Post
Neuropathy is far more common than multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's, and myasthenia gravis combined. But you wouldn't know that from how often it's talked about compared to those. I do blame some of this on the neuropathy advocacy organizations--they fight with each other a lot, and a lot of the organizations for other conditions seem to cooperate more--but that can't explain it all. I keep waiting for one REALLY currently famous person to draw attention to it. I bet a lot of our older politicians suffer from it, for example. I certainly try to get the word out there, but my degree of fame seems limited to the internet and Neurotalk.
The situation is very similar with chronic pain.
http://www.painmed.org/patient/facts.html

Another way they (PN & CP) may be similar is that a good deal of the problems with awareness stem from their invisibility (as far as diseases/disabilities go) - you can't see them.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote