Thread: My Story
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 04:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMOORE View Post
Hey Rob,
I had vp shunt put in 3 yrs ago at age 33. At that time I had terrible headaches, my stomach couldnt get used to the csf at all, and i was off a bit off(like my gait, concentration, eye sight, dizzy). It was prob 6mo to 1 year before i felt even close to myself again. Also i lost my mind However, nowadays my body has acclamated to this ******* thing. im back in the gym, workin, living normal life.
I never had my shunt adjusted, its fixed not programmable. i still have headaches(ibuprofen, tylenol) and upset stomach and abdom pains. i just deal with it. when i go to different docs for my pains and symptoms they all say 'duh' "go see your NS there is prob something wrong with your shunt" and i've been there a million times for ct scans and that arrogant *** (NS) sees me for 2 mins. and says everything is fine. I often wish he would just try to adjust it but he wont. Hope this helps. im 100% sometimes and in pain and miserable sometimes too-but im able to tolerate it
Thanks TMoore

It's been bothering me a ton in my right side. I've finally been perscribed Levsin and I have some Naproxen left over. I just have a genetically small midsection, I have jeans that are 30" so I don't have alot of space in my abdomen.

Thanks for replying man I've just been holding onto hope that I will eventually be able to resume a normal life, one day it will be here. It's amazing how when you have your health, there's no amount of saying be grateful for your health or don't take your health for granted, it will never prepare you. You will ALWAYS take it for granted until something goes wrong.
Rob_S is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote