View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 05:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default a diagnosis is a diagnosis?

So, when I was originally seen at the ER following the car accident, I was diagnosed with a concussion and released. I guess I was chatting up a storm, but have no memory of the time in the hospital. (FYI -- they had called helicopters to air lift me and my carmate to the nearest big hospital, but decided that I was fine). No warnings about what to look for, or when to be worried. Just, take is easy for 2 days as you'll be fine. Small country hospital in town of 1000.

I saw my doc the next day and then a few weeks later she diagnosed me with PCS from a moderate concussion.

The occupational therapist that I am now seeing says that I have been misdiagnosed from the beginning. She said something about it being a tbi. She mentioned other stuff, but I was lost in the conversation after that point.

What does this mean? Does is matter? Am I just confused? (usually, yes).

wife and mother of 5 (18, 13, 11, 7, 5)
was: design professor, farmer, and had been studying masters in herbalism and doctorate of naturopathy before accident. now: practicing patience.

What happened: Feb 5 2012 passenger in a single MVA which flipped over end and then rolled 3-4 times. Dx with moderate concussion and released. Dx with PCS a few weeks later

Dealing with: temple to temple headaches, nausea, tinnitus, extreme noise sensitivity, light sensitivity, vertigo, short term memory issues, concentration, become overwhelmed easily, word-finding, stuttering, confusion, sleep issues (falling/staying asleep), fatigue +++

Prescribed: Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Physical Therapy, and rest!!!
emme727 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote