View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 06:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyore View Post
hydrocephalus - I was 13 when my shunt failed and it hurt!. it took them a while to find a solution since my ventricals are small, they ended up doing an LP shunt in the back. that was twnty years ago. i had twisted it twice right after getting out of the hospital. i am since fine but never sought check ups which was a dumb move on my part. small pains since then only. but alive and proud of it.

I can sympathize with his pain, i was sedated on codeine but i remember my Dad and my brother coming to visit. I didn't talk much but it give me some strength to pull through knowing they were there. be relaxed and calm.
Hi ,
This sounds very scary as my daughter has a shunt since two weeks ater birth, this has been an extremely unsettling time for us as our residency application for nz has been declined with regards that they find our daughter of unacceptable standard of health and they cannot say as to when a revision would be needed or as to what complications she might expeirience. To us she is a miracle from God and I believe that by his stripes she is healed and he wil continue to perfect all that is wrong. Our daughter is beautifull and normal just like any 16month infant her age, she has had no complications thus far and continues to meet all milestones. I do know that each individual is different and each show various signs, but I trust that God will continue to see her through this, I pray that there is away around the residency part as I feel that her being born here should also be a factor in her obtaing residency and that she should not be declined for the reason of waiting for someday that something might or could go wrong.

I do hope that there is someone in nz that has had similiar problems to assist me as to what my next step should be.
nicole kenlyn101 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote