View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 06:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilbert View Post
hi allie,iam also collecting ssdi for bi-polar disorder and yes it can take some time to get approved if your approved.with the current back-log of disibility cases pending,it can be a long drawn out process with many denials and appeals before you can win benefits,and that's if you win.be patient,and gather all of your medical records and any medications you are takeing so that you will have all the neccessary information to support your disibility claim.hope this helps.
Do not be discouraged. If you've keep good records (appointments, meds, med changes, negative med side-effects, etc.) and have strong support from your psychologist and/or psychiatrist, you will not necessarily get denied on the first try. While it was several years ago, I was approved three months after my first application for bipolar disorder. I had all my ducks in a row, worked on the application in small pieces, and had terrific letters from the professionals that specifically enunciated BD's impact on activities of daily living. Since being approved for SSDI, I've had the best years of my adult life--I simply could not handle the stresses of the working world. I still have my ups and downs (like the ups better), but life is so much easier! Hang in there, many of us (~40 percent) get approved on the first try.
BDII - PA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rrae (12-03-2013), St George 2013 (11-04-2013)