Thread: I'm scared
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 01:12 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thank you both!

Thanks so much to you both! I made the big decision to change dentists today. The place where I've been going this past year has changed dentists 4 times! No, I can't do the root canal/crown thing to all these teeth. They're rotting - and I have gone to the dentist every 6 months all my life. It's my health, the dry mouth, well, the eating sweets is definitely my fault. But I really don't think I could have done things better. The dentist that was there a year ago elected to fill 8 teeth on the bottom that had severe stains that had progressed into cavities along the gumline. Because of my glycol allergy, I later found that the reason why she filled all those fillings with a material that is coarse and often falls out on frontal fillings was because, even if I had called the manufacturer and found that once the filling hardened the glycols dissappated, just because it had glycols at all she wouldn't even consider using it, so didn't inform me that she was using an inferior product. 4 fillings have fallen out in the first 11 months and insurance won't pay for them to be filled again until 24 months -the dentist that put them in has to replace them for free. So I have another 13 months that, if I change dentists, I will have to pay out of pocket for any more of these fillings that fall out. Could be much more money. BUT, if I'm looking at dentures soon for the top, I just can't stay with the revolving door dentist! Especially not with my allergies. So, I know it's going to be expensive no matter what. No dentist will touch me for the extractions - I have to see an oral surgeon even to have 1 tooth pulled. I just have a tough time facing the thought of dentures. Vanity, vanity! I'm asking the new dentist if I get a crown on the one molar next to the eye tooth, then have the molar and eye tooth on the other side extracted, would the remaining 6 teeth in front (includes that crown) be enough for a partial? That might give me a few years on the top. Then have the bottom teeth pulled as needed - and not get dentures there until they are all gone. Who needs to chew, right?
ElizaJane23 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (04-18-2012)