Thread: New here - PCS
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 06:56 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

thanks for the advise... The progesterone level info is good to know. I suspect that my progesterone is naturally low, and since the head hit happened before it would also have spiked in my cycle.... IT explains why what I perceived as a small hit has done so much damage.

I HAVE seen improvements. This is why we are going ahead with TTC. I am at the point where (if quiet at least) about 40% of my days are not bad... I am hoping I continue to improve. And if this is now a lifelong condition, to be honest, I will just have to figure out coping mechanisms... I won't allow this to change my life. Right now I try not to take meds to cope, and just deal with the headache. In the future, if this is a permanent state, well, I guess that meds would become a part of my regular day... but that is better than not living life at all.

I find that the use of ibuprophen 600 is actually pretty decent. It takes a long time to kick in, but it generally works. Tylenol is pretty much useless, unless combined with caffeine. I save this for days when I cannot avoid stimulation (which is VERY rare, not something I rely on even on a weekly basis, this might happen once or twice a month)... By this I mean one or two cups of coffee.

thank you for all the vitamin advise. I do take a daily multivitamin, but I feel pretty sure it doesn't contain omega 3... I DO eat a lot of fish though, so perhaps I am getting it from there.
camyam73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote