View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 07:15 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

My daughter is celiac and it took several rounds of tests before we figured it out. The blood test showed markers, but since she was GF in the hospital for so long before the biopsy there was no gluten in her system for the gut to react to so her biopsy was negative. She has horrible symptoms, and we kept digging. She went gluten free and felt so much better. Took her to a naturopath who suggested we repeat the biopsy but only after allowing her to be re exposed to gluten for a couple of weeks to allow her gut time to respond. Sure enough, the next one rang up a high positive.

The thing about it is, that even in the face of negative tests, or biopsies celiac is a disease that you can treat without the tests. Go GF for a solid six weeks. Are you feeling better? If so, continue, if not start adding in one by one things that you wanted to eat. See if something triggers an episode. if so, avoid that food.

My daughter went on the caveman diet and stripped out everything from her plate and slowly added in foods GF of course till we made sure that everything she was eating was GF. We found gluten in so many foods! its everywhere! even soy sauce or sauces they use to soak meats in. Seasoning? pills! I was shocked to see how many used wheat gluten to hold pills together. its time to be an investigator and write down every morsel that hits your lips.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote