View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 01:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

The tech might have just been asking you that because they were curious why you were getting an MRI of your spine - it might not have anything to do with what he may or may not have seen on the actual image. Their experience might have led them to believe that most people who even get an MRI of the spine are people with MS. Don't worry until you hear from your Dr.

If your Dr. thinks you have MS based on the results, they will probably call you right away and order that you receive a spinal tap to test your CSF to confirm or deny it. I've been at imaging centers that were so concerned about the patients they were imaging and what was seem on them that they called the Dr.'s office right there and then! (I overheard instructions like this while I was waiting in the lobby...)

If you've had any MRI's of your skull and brain already - it probably would have showed up there and would have already been discussed as a possibility.

I had an MRI of my spine too. It showed bulging disks. And I have pinched nerves as a result of it. It was all caused by the accident I was in. I experience weakness in my arms and legs and numbness and tingling in my arms, hands and fingers too. I have the same issues when I wash my hair too. It's annoying as hell.
EsthersDoll is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
HeadStrong (04-18-2012)