View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 06:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi. I got my skin biopsy result today. The result is not reflected in percentile. It reads as follows:

Distal Leg Right : The epidermal nerve fiber density and appearance are within the normal range.

Prox. Thigh Right : The epidermal nerve fiber density and appearance are within the normal range.

"Session Summary : The epidermal nerve fiber density is within the normal ranges at both sites and therefore there is no definitive evidence for a neuropathic process affecting small caliber sensory nerve fibers."

How can I get the results in percentile? Can the clinic of my doctor request it from John Hopkins? Or, is there a certain kind of skin biopsy protocol that does not yield the percentage but instead just a general impression?

How will I proceed from here in my treatment? My symptoms are still the same: very painful feet, prickly skin, deep and stabbing pins and needles. I no longer have the severe burning skin. I dont want my doctor to dismiss me like my symptoms are just "in my head".

Are there any others in this forum who have had a normal skin biopsy result but experiencing the PN symptoms?

I really want to know....
Thank you.
Idiopathic PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote