Thread: A Few Questions
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 08:06 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks, I figured it would be the two remotes. If only they weren't so bulky, it would probably be much easier to fit both in a pocket!

At my doctor's appointment yesterday, I told him that I wanted to try less invasive treatment first, so we discussed the epidural infusion. He thought it wouldn't be worth it to do the five day inpatient one, but rather to just skip to the 6 week outpatient one. I did this for my knees, and all the memories flooded back of not being able to shower the whole six weeks, not being allowed to drive, being lightheaded and sleepy from the narcotics, having to carry the pump and IV bag with me everywhere, having a home health nurse visit twice a week to change the bag, having to go up to the doctor's office once a week to have the dressing changed... Needless to say, not a fun experience and as soon as it came out- my pain was back and bad. Of course there's no way to know if it will help my wrist this time, but the short-lasting relief from the blocks I had doesn't seem to bode well, and my doctor hinted at this as well. Nonetheless, I scheduled the six week tunneled epidural catheter procedure for May 17th.

I haven't been feeling good about this decision, though, because I just feel like with a low chance of the infusion working, and with it being a long 6 weeks of treatment, that I'd likely just be prolonging the inevitable, which would be getting the 2nd stim. I also have all of the timing to think about, as I do start graduate school in the fall. So I'm thinking it's the more practical decision to just try the stim. I'm hoping I can call my doctor's office and they can just switch the procedure I'm scheduled for to a trial stim placement. Does anyone know if I'd have to go through a second psych eval? I was hoping that it wouldn't have to come to a second implant in my body, but the bottom line is that I want to be in less pain, so I can deal with it.

One more question as well about a cervical stimulator, how do you charge it? I use the belt for the lumbar one (although I'm going to order the adhesive patches and try those as my rep thinks it'll make a difference in my charging).
yellow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (05-12-2012), Mark56 (04-21-2012), Rrae (04-18-2012)