View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 09:18 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Hi Donna,
sorry to hear about your headaches... I know what a pain they can be.

Your grandson sounds like my nephew... he has apraxia. They said there is a synapse between this brain and his tongue that misfires. My nephew knows what he wants to say and in his brain it comes out fine, but to us we don't understand what he is trying to say and this frustrates him. Most times we just agree with him. (probably not the safest thing to do sometimes..we know.)

His teachers say that he is incredibly smart!! He's in the 1st grade now, knows all of the presidents by face & name, all of the teachers in his school by name, and most of the kids in every grade. Point to a picture of any animal and he can tell you what it is. My nephew is accompanied by a teacher's aide from the time he gets off the bus to the time he gets back on to go home.

He was also diagnosed with Tourette's this year, but so far they have it under control. Though he is VERY anxious around crowds--just like me.

I hope your grandson gets the help he deserves just as my nephew has...and they both can excell into brilliant young men!!!

I wish you and your's the best!

Abbie

Rest in Peace
3/8/90 ~~ 4/2/12

Last edited by Abbie; 04-18-2012 at 11:08 PM.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (04-18-2012), Dmom3005 (04-18-2012), Lara (04-20-2012), Mari (04-18-2012), mymorgy (04-19-2012), waves (04-18-2012)