View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 12:07 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceCadet View Post
Ahhh...not something you should say to someone who has suffered from severe anxiety ...

...but, I'm sure I'll be fine.

Thanks for advice and concern.

Nick

P.S. That's funny you say that because I was thinking about something similar while sitting at a bus stop today.
Nick, believe me I really struggled with how I should word my post, or whether I should say anything at all. I lost a close friend to suicide a few years ago. At the time I thought she should and could work things out on her own. So I stayed cool and said nothing. She did work things out- with a 20 gauge Mossberg.

I have seen this pattern several times. Each victim expressed the feeling that everything was great, right up to the bitter end. I now realize that heightened emotions of any kind can mask deeply unresolved inner pain. And that the real key to a successful life is not to seek the peaks, for with them come the valleys. The real key is to seek balance.

...and to watch for danger signals. Again, from what I've seen the biggest danger signal tends to be the giddy feeling that everything is going perfectly. I have felt this feeling myself. In fact, in the 36 years since my own accident, I have pretty much dealt with every feelable feeling there is, including anxiety and suicidal depression.

Perhaps my words are of no help, and if this is the case simply ignore them. I wish you no ill will. I am simply tired of saying nothing and watching these people spiral down. If you're truly on the path of healing, more power to you. But in case there's more storms on the horizon, just take 'er easy, bro, that's all I'm saying.

Kenjhee
  • MIGRAINE HEADACHES
  • INSOMNIA
  • ANGER & SELF-CONTROL (going "Frontal")
Kenjhee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EsthersDoll (04-19-2012), HeadStrong (04-19-2012), katie71083 (04-22-2012), Soccergal (04-22-2012), SpaceCadet (04-20-2012)