View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 02:29 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Heart

when i have to work with others around, with a migraine ongoing, whatever light there is is usually too bright, period.

i wear mirror shades (that filter a lot of light, especially blues), and/or a brimmed hat/cap depending on the direction of the light. sometimes i don't bother saying anything. other times i might tell someone i am having light sensitivity, end of story. i get phonosensitivity too, and wear earplugs, but i try to hide that.

for the computer, i have a special setting - apart from dimming my monitor. you can go into the desktop properties and hand pick colors for each windows component, and then save it as a "theme" so you can switch back and forth from it if you want. i have one that makes all my windows tones of beige/brown etc. Windows apps use the colors from the active theme. So, for instance, when i open Microsoft Word, I get a dark beige document, instead of the stupid glaring white page.

Oh btw Donna, sometimes i am rather photosensitive even when I do not have a migraine. I've read this is also fairly common with migraineurs. But also be aware that some meds can increase photosensitivity. I personally found that gabapentin did, for me, even if (ironically) it reduced my migraine incidence. So if the light sensitivity started soon after some med changes... that could be a factor.

~ waves ~
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (04-19-2012), Dmom3005 (04-19-2012), Lara (04-20-2012), mymorgy (04-19-2012)