View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 09:25 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Alternative to fish oil.

I've taken fish oil caps. for years, only connecting the benefits to my general health, never to helping PD. I don't think I've taken carbid./levad. long enough to be dyskinetic, and it is very nice to hope that the omega 3 oil may postpone it.
Thank goodness for fish oil capsules, I had to take cod liver oil by the spoon fulls when I was a child, and it is VILE....
Some people find that fish oil caps. 'repeat' later in the day, and now it's been discovered that English Walnuts are at least as rich in omega 3 oil as fish oil, in addition to containing lots of beneficial minerals and vitamins. The advice is to stuff some walnuts in various pockets and munch them all day. They may calm down the dyskinesia a bit, and they will certainly make you healthier - and happier?
Add raisins for an evening treat. They're good for you too.
About tremor - it's horrible. I've had tremor in nervous making situations since my early 20's - I used to think it was just nerves. The only way I know of to control tremor is to live a no-life like a Marcel Proust. I guess we're members of nature's collection of cruel jokes.
It helps not to travel alone. With a companion, you have less stress, and you have someone to lean on, literally.

All the best

birte
BEMM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote