View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 08:18 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I don't think 'when' you had the tests done will make that much of a difference, unless it was many months. Then you may ask for them to be rechecked...but don't be surprised if they are still negative, even if you have Sjogren's.

The Schirmer's test is a strip place just under the eyelid for 5 minutes to measure tear production. It sort of sounds like what you had done. But it doesn't sound as if they gave the you results. You may want to ask for the office notes from your visit to see his comments about this test...or whatever he did with the strip.

Of course, I have the typical dry eyes and mouth, but my neurological symptoms came very early in the process. I have numerous symptoms from Sjogren's...or from the neurological manifestation of it.

dry eyes & mouth
hoarseness
dry skin
gum disease and dental problems
iron deficiency anemia
joint pain
fatigue
PN pain(feet are the worst), but also neck and back and down back of legs
allodynia (both legs)
vibrations, and sensory loss in both legs
severe autonomic neuropathy (to include gastroparesis, balance, proprioception, BP, heart rate/arrhythmia, cardiac vasospasm, livedo reticularis)

You certainly don't have to have all these to have Sjogren's. If you think there is a possibility, then a lip biopsy might be best.
en bloc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote