Old 04-19-2012, 09:35 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideOn View Post
Good advice mrsD, I'm just not sure which ones I should try and it also seems that the effects can be very slow and subtle.

I tried to find one of the B12 posts you suggested in another thread, I find that a lot of the technical references in the papers go over my head which makes them very hard to understand. I find that your interpretation is much easier to understand.
This is post #70 from the B12 thread:
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/post698522-70.html

Quote:
Patients with neurologic symptoms and signs and a normal complete blood cell count require a modified diagnostic approach because of several considerations. First, folate deficiency is an unlikely cause of neurologic disease. Second, the neurologic disease of Cbl deficiency may be irreversible if treatment is withheld or delayed; because Cbl therapy is nontoxic, the risk-benefit ratio favors treatment in questionable cases. ..

Five patients with normal serum Cbl levels had neurologic disease, and 1 of the 5 had a level greater than 221 pmol/L (300 pg/mL). All 5 patients had a clinical neurologic response to Cbl therapy and normalization of metabolite levels.
I posted the whole link for those who want to read the whole paper.
But I bolded these two conclusions because I feel most people including the doctors reading it, can understand the language.

I include studies for many things here to SHOW that my statements are based on research and not some fanciful idea in my own head. I choose the ones with readable conclusions, so people can skip over the technical aspects if they need to.

Keep in mind that we are all volunteers here, donating our TIME to others, to help them over a difficult medical issue. We really cannot be a personal shopper, spending our whole days, looking for past posts just for you. Sometimes I can do it a little. But when the questions are easily answered already here, a little search or effort on the reader's part, is required to accomplish what you need to do. This forum is now 6 yrs old. We began the Subforum to help consolidate information, but it really is not perfect in that task.

It is just overwhelming at times I understand. Sometimes you need to read something over a few times, with a rest inbetween, so you will eventually understand it. That is true for all of us, who have been thru college training in these medical areas. It is not easy. But it can be done, and it gets easier as you do it bit by bit. It is a learning skill like any other.

When you see how complex PN can be... with so many things as potential culprits and triggers...is it any wonder doctors don't take it on, and help patients better? They certainly won't expend the time to learn all this either! When you do start learning you will find that you will enhance YOUR life and your family's in ways you never expected. It grows and enriches your life to learn how your body works.

I have a favorite saying: If you learn one new thing every day, at the end of the year you will have learned 365 new things. I use this concept for doing ANY task that is complicated. Even cleaning the house, and working in the garden.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (05-09-2012), Kitt (04-19-2012), RideOn (04-19-2012)