View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 12:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Doc,

Maybe small fiber damage does occur immediately in response to high glucose levels, as opposed to long neural fibers.

Yeah, artificial sweeteners are not an option for me either, I want stuff to taste *good*...

I can still have dark, unsweetened chocolate, though. And, well, fruit is such a treat now, I guess one's sense of taste can get numbed by too much sweetness over the years and now, whoa, all the richness again

I have now several papers on the short term effect of sorbitol and fructose on nerves, I'll be studying them and post any findings, for us who-knows-if-actually-prediabetics-but-still-sufferers-from-PN-that-gets-worse-by-sugar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Smith View Post
I've never had a doctor tell me it was impossible, but two neurologists have told me I'm not diabetic or pre-diabetic (after repeated testing), and I definitely experience exacerbation of my symptoms if/when I indulge my sweet tooth. HF corn syrup is probably the worst, followed by sucrose (table/confectioners sugar). Artificial sweeteners don't cause the same problems, but they don't taste... "right."

It just seems so weird that I'm not a diabetic, but eat/live pretty much like one... (Curse you, Emperors of Chocolate! )

Doc
dyctiostelium is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote