View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 01:42 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shezian View Post
He also got me to walk in a straight line barefoot and to close my eyes and stand still to see if l have any wobbliness. He people with PN in older years, tend to walk with there feet going outwards and unsteady on there feet, lose balance and may need a walking aid, but he said not to worry of me as l will be old in a nursing home by the time that happens.

He said NP is a degenerative condition. I suppose that means its normal part of ageing. He just said, everyone is different. Well that helps heaps.

Sue
You post that you can walk in a straight line barefoot and close your eyes and stand still and no wobbliness. I could at one time as well.

I've seen people walking like a duck (feet outwards) and they are not old and do not have any trouble as far as balance. And I've seen the same with older people.

I am unsteady due to muscle loss from CMT. But I do not, and never have, been duck walking. I am not young either. Just my 2 cents. And yes, everyone is different. I am certainly not saying that you have CMT. That remains to be found out. I hope you get some answers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It is what it is."
Kitt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote