View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 10:19 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default This is so funny!!!1

So the visiting nurse comes at 8 a.m. for Alan's second infusion this morning.
We are all sitting in the living room when, at 10 a.m., the doorbell rings, I go to answer it and two police officers are there. My eyes must have turned into saucers. I just stared.

They burst out laughing and said "don't worry, it's not bad". I'm going, oh my god, oh my god, (they also rang the guy upstairs, but he just got out of the hospital so he ambles down in his bathrobe and sees the two police officers). I sent him back upstairs to bed.

So I'm standing there and they tell me "your neighbor wants to become a police officer so we are doing a background check, we have to ring all the doorbells and do a thorough background check". I laughed my head off. My neighbor sticks her head out of her door and says "Oh Melody, my god, I'm so sorry, I didn't know they would be knocking on anybody's door". She only moved in a year ago, and I think I'm the only friendly neighbor on the block.

So I tell the cops, "she's good, she works hard, she plays dress up with her kids on halloween" They continued to ask me questions about her work ethic, if she does drugs (now honestly, do I know if she takes drugs, of course not). but I say "oh, she's perfect, she just works and comes home".

They thanked me and said my recommendation would be good on her application. I had to sign papers and everything.

She hugged me and thanked me and I said "now go and chase some bank robbers". (AND she has no clue that the guy who lives downstairs from her is a 17 year old hoodlum who is serving time for armed robbery. Oh the secrets I know on my block. But I keep my mouth shut.

Alan is taking his infusion very well so far.

Keeping fingers and toes crossed.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote