View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 03:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Atn

Just thought of something...when I was going through a really bad flare up the only thing that worked for me were steroids...I know everyone shy's away from this as an option. However the low dose steroid pack (you take 5 the first day and work your way down) can be very effective in stopping a really bad flare up.

So perhaps that is something to talk over with your Neuro. They are relatively easy on your system,,it's not like taking prednesone,,,,but for some people it can really help. I have found that taking Toradol for a few days can break the pain cycle enough to get me back to normal. Not every MD will be comfortable with that but as I have developed a very good relationship with my pain mgmt MD, he understands that for me these help at extreme times.
I always have some in the house,,just in case. If I have to travel or in case the holidays hit and I am in agony.....talk to him. Perhaps when you have one of your episodes that start to last for days,,this might be something to try to stop it.

I'll keep thinking...
BethO2L is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote