View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 03:53 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Shocked SPIDER in my Dr. Scholls's insert pkg!

I bought some new shoes to help me walk last week.

GravityDefyers... that is another story. Let's just say they need some customizing.

So I thought to remove the poor inserts and put in a good Dr. Scholl's gel insert. I went to WalMart today, and picked a heavy duty one... and just took it out of the bag.

I was going to open it up when I saw this movement! eeeekkkk....

A little black spider, was running around inside the hard plastic
packaging. Now there is an open hole on the back side so you can test the heel gel stuff... and maybe he got in there that way?
Or maybe he is a poisonous spider from China? I put the whole thing on the outside porch to see if he escapes. If not tomorrow I will return it and I have to say a spider in a package like this is not my usual experience!

He is about 5 mm long and 4mm wide.. big enough to see, all black and very fast...scurrying around in fact. And doesn't look like a web builder. But I am not going any farther than that with it.

I am going to send Dr. Scholl's an email, as I think the hole could be covered with thin plastic and sealed and still be testable by the consumer.

Who knows what this spider is? venomous or not? etc?

The EEEKKKK factor is still with me.... sigh.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Chemar (04-19-2012), Darlene (04-20-2012), Jomar (04-19-2012), Kitty (04-19-2012), Lara (04-20-2012), zygopetalum (04-19-2012)