View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 10:20 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Lyme and Panic Disease

"There are many Lyme disease cognitive symptoms that cause rushes of panicky feelings. The most typical is what I call "Lyme urgency." This is a psychological feeling which is related to a need to drive oneself to attend to tasks, combined with a feeling of concern if one doesn't act on every task at the moment that one thinks about it. What results is less overt panic at the time and more chaos in the long run. The distraction that one experiences from this compulsion leads to unfinished tasks and then exhaustion as one works longer and later to fix the chaos from all the interruptions. This, in turn, connects the panic to depression in many people."

I wouldn't say I have panic attacks but "Lyme urgency" does describe my behavior and the unfinished tasks and the chaos. Very often, just before leaving for vacation, I just "have to" work on some things that I have been putting off for weeks and months. I only seem to be able to single-thread my activities. I have difficulty prioritizing and planning and coordinating multiple activities in a way that is most efficient and effective. And my lack of effectiveness does make me angry with myself and depressed at times. I thank God for my wife who is able to look at the good I do as well as the chaos and lack of accomplishment in other areas:

http://www.thehumansideoflyme.net/vi...cle.php?aid=37
wasabi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote