View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 08:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Grace and welcome. While there is no way of really knowing the ethics of your Clinical Neuropsychologist, you could do a look up and see what other patients say. You can call me naïve, but I think that by the time a clinical neuropsychologist finishes their education (PhD level) and internship they should be pretty well set professionally, and it would seem to me to be against their professional best interests to do anything other than give an honest evaluation. The two that I’ve had have been very professional, and I admire what they do. At least that’s been my experience.

Best to you in your continued recovery.
What Happened: On November 29, 2010, I was walking across the street and was hit by a light rail commuter train. Result was a severe traumatic brain injury and multiple fractures (skull, pelvis, ribs). Total hospital stay was two months, one in ICU followed by an additional month in neuro-rehab. Upon hospital discharge, neurological testing revealed deficits in short term memory, executive functioning, and spatial recognition.

Today: Neuropsychological examination five months post-accident indicated a return to normal cognitive functioning, and I returned to work approximately 6 months after the accident. I am grateful to be alive and am looking forward to enjoying the rest of my life.
Lightrail11 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote