View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 11:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused Hello & Seeking Info

Hi. I am new here. I got in a car wreck about a month ago where I flipped my husband's car end over end a couple of times.

Since then, I've been having tired spells where I will suddenly feel so tired that I feel like I could fall asleep right then and there. Of course, I have two kids at home, so I can't.

I've also been having cognitive problems, for example, I am a writer, and I am missing keystrokes at times and I feel like I've lost a lot of my vocabulary skills, which saddens me to no end.

On the flipside, I seem to be more calm and laid back then I was before the accident (after I stopped taking the St. John's Wort, which seemed to make me have more of a hair-trigger temper than ever).

Is there an acronym for before the accident? Such as BTA?

Anyway, not being able to write stinks! I feel like I was having some of the cognitive issues before the accident, as I have 5 mercury fillings that I would love to have removed, but of course my insurance doesn't cover that...

I'd love to hear some stories of how people have helped themselves heal from this type of injury.

Thank you,

Womyn
Womyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote