View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 12:29 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Womyn,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. Wow, another survivor of endo'ing a car. Glad to see you made it out alive.

The sudden fatigue is not uncommon. You are likely exerting too much effort or being over-stimulated. I can get this effect when at my computer. It is more often a morning event, usually within a few hours of waking up.

My only solution is to take a short nap. If that is not practical, you should try to identify the triggers that cause the fatigue.

If you have not already been told this, you need to be cautious about effort and stimulation. You need to rest your brain and avoid things like caffeine, MSG, artificial sweeteners, and too much artificial preservatives.

Most of us follow a vitamin and supplement regimen that includes B-12 (500 to 1000 mcgs), a B-50 complex, Omega 3's, magnesium and calcium. These will help your brain detoxify and repair.

Don't try to push through the cognitive struggles. It will be counter-productive. We all suffer these same struggles to some extent.

There are two axioms you need to know.

First, If you've seen one head injury, you've seen ONE head injury. No two will be the same in symptoms or recovery.

Second, the most common thing needed to heal is Time, Time and more Time. That time will be most productive when it includes lots of rest and quiet.

I would suggest not worrying about your amalgam fillings. The greatest risk has passed. A blood test for heavy metals will show if you have any toxicity. There are other toxins you can control like MSG, caffeine, aspartame, sucralose, alcohol, etc.

There are lots of great people here. Feel free to tell us about your struggles. We are here to help.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote