View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 12:44 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

GITR,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. Your experience sounds familiar except mine was just the opposite. I fell down stairs then a short time later had a catastrophic concussion from a bike accident. That was in 1965.

Don't worry about the psych eval. SSDI does not pick biased psychs. Applicants attorneys would have them for lunch. SSDI applications are not adversarial like a Work Comp or personal injury claim is.

Be truthful. Take the tests as they come without any pretense. The first SSDI application is often denied as a matter of policy. The second application is where the claim is looked at with more consideration.

Your history will provide lots of medical records so the psych eval which is usually an abbreviated neuro-psych assessment, will likely be just to confirm the information in your medical records. In my opinion, you stand a good chance of approval on your first application.

There are plenty here with years of experience who can help you work through and around some of you symptoms. Feel free to ask you questions.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote