View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 01:20 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Red face Stuck on important medical stuff!

Hi.

During this "time off" I need to catch up on all of those medical things I have been putting off, besides other things like job-seeking, taxes etc. I am plodding along albeit slowly with the non-medical stuff it seems, but the medical stuff is urgent due to the inevitable time lapse between calling and the appointment date obtained.

TO DO ITEMS:
  1. optical - change in vision (have appt for May 5th)
  2. dental - possibly problem with recent reconstructive filling
  3. neuro - huge increase migraines - number and severity
  4. pulmonary - follow up exam for recurrent/episodic cough
  5. gyn - been so long since last "annual" we won't go there (so tempted not to! haha )

Those are already prioritized, although the first two are actually equal. neuro would be top priority, but i need the optical and dental first, since either could cause headaches and i don't know whether getting a simple headache might not trigger a migraine. the last two i just don't want to keep putting off. i especially need somebody to figure out the cough.

ISSUES
  1. dental - i am afraid he will do something to make the situation worse!
  2. neuro, pulmonary, gyn - my referrals are years old. they supposedly don't expire but they keep changing rules and i am not sure... this prevents me from making the appointments, because they take the referral number then.
  3. i am too embarrassed to ask my mdoc / fess up that i haven't used the referrals yet!

I am reading my "issues" and the dental thing stands, but the last two sound dumb. I could call for appointments, and ask the clerk if my referral is still good. So, maybe the fears run deeper than the bureaucratic hoop jumping i listed. Anyway..............

I feel stuckkkkkkk. Anyone, HYELPPPPP???!!!

~ waves ~

Last edited by waves; 04-20-2012 at 01:36 AM.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (04-20-2012), bizi (04-20-2012), Dmom3005 (04-23-2012), Lara (04-20-2012), mymorgy (04-20-2012)