View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 01:43 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New here hoping you can relate

I was dx with a stroke six months ago, after I had facial paralysis, temporary vision loss, and an awkward gait. The testing was all negative, but based on those symptoms I was diagnosed with having a stroke (I'm only 32).

Before the stroke, I had been complaining of leg pain, and the doctor thought I pulled something. The pain got better, then came back in both legs, along with tingling and occasional numbness.

After the stroke, the tingling and strange sensations spread to my hands, feet, and sometimes arms. It can feel like pins and needles, pain, or burning (like I sandpapered my skin and poured alcohol on it). The neuro stated I am having idiopathic neuropathy, but he blames stress and gave me psych meds.

Recently, my eye has started drooping more often. Sometimes I can feel my face going numb, while other times I only notice it when I look in the mirror. The doctor tested for MG, and it came back negative, so once again he is insisting on psych meds.

My dad had NF1, his mom had parkinsons, and a few relatives have MS, so there is a family history of neurological problems.

Does anyone here also have eye or face droop with their PN? I am switching doctors next month, but I'd like to have a decent starting point (and no more crazy talk).

Thanks
Agirlandhertort1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote