Old 04-20-2012, 04:06 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by iammare View Post
I went to 3 back surgeons and 1 neuro to get the diagnosis confirmed, so yeah, I have it.

My pain is down the outer front of my thigh, from the hip to the knee, but right above the knee is the worst. Some days I can't have anything light such as slacks touch me, but I can lie in bed on my side. Firm pressure is much less painful than light.

The nerve is probably pinched in my back. I have a confirmed diagnosis of a bulge in L4/L5. I've been for nerve block shots, PT, acupuncture... you name it, I've done it.

I sleep on a heating pad every night either on my lower back, or on my thigh, and that really helps me I think.
Heat makes it worse! It inflames the nerve and makes for overfiring! I cannot do steam rooms or hot tubs... much much worse.

So if you suspect a back compression, that is where to put your patch. It took 2 weeks of everyday patching on my upper thigh, where the nerve exits the abdomen to block the excessive firing of that nerve. After almost a decade of pain, I was in a remission, which continues today. But HEAT -- that is a big no no. Some rare times if I over extend the leg, I will get twingey reminders of what used to be...I consider that a warning and back off that activity right away!

Some people who have bone marrow grafts taken from the iliac crest get MP from damage there. But you can have it from compression in the spine as well, and damage in the abdomen from surgeries there.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote