View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 08:19 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Heat makes it worse! It inflames the nerve and makes for overfiring! I cannot do steam rooms or hot tubs... much much worse.

So if you suspect a back compression, that is where to put your patch. It took 2 weeks of everyday patching on my upper thigh, where the nerve exits the abdomen to block the excessive firing of that nerve. After almost a decade of pain, I was in a remission, which continues today. But HEAT -- that is a big no no. Some rare times if I over extend the leg, I will get twingey reminders of what used to be...I consider that a warning and back off that activity right away!

Some people who have bone marrow grafts taken from the iliac crest get MP from damage there. But you can have it from compression in the spine as well, and damage in the abdomen from surgeries there.
Heat is the one thing that makes mine feel better. I've tried ice, compression, you name it, but heat works for me. Granted, I'm quite sensitive to it, but it seems to calm everything down for me.

I tried putting the patch on the back, and I'm paying dearly for it this morning. So much pain!
iammare is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote