View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 01:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Glad to find this site

I am a 57yr old male, and was involved in a "minor" vehicle accident. The airbags deployed and the resulting impact gave me a concussion. Over my life, I have had several concussions(sports and lifestyle) and like any other male, took the advice of the Dr. and waited for my headaches to subside and brain to heal. That was 5yrs ago. Today, after severe bouts of depression, cognitive impairments and a complete change of personality, I have been diagnosed with TBI/PCS. I still struggle with cognitive problems, daily "out of sync" feelings and everything related to PCS. For those recent victims of PCS, please accept the assistance of the the people here. I am just new here, but have learned I am not alone on this journey. I will be coming here frequently to learn more and share some things I hope others can learn from. I made alot of mistakes over my 5 yrs, but am now getting the proper help. One thing which has helped me, other than meds, has been Cranial-sacral massage, given by an RMT specializing in TBI.
Thanks for being here and I will be back frequently now.
paul in canada is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ConcussedJ (04-20-2012), EsthersDoll (04-20-2012)