View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 01:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeuroLogic View Post
I believe my hypo preceded my PN. As far as I can guess, hypo can affect every cell in the body; therefore it would be surprising if it didn't affect nerves. Nerves need T3, so a short- or long-term lack of T3 is going to cause problems.

What were your T3 levels like, if you don't mind me asking, when your TSH was over 9?

I suspect I've been hypo for a long time - long before I got tested - and it gradually became a bigger problem.

Stress can cause problems for the adrenals; when that happens, the thyroid issues can start; if they continue, you can get PN.

My research lately has led me to several doctors' books where they say you need to fix your adrenal function before hypo treatment. Even Armour's warning says adrenal insufficiency is a contraindication for taking the popular supplement.

My new plan is to take Lugol's 2% solution for one week to one month. This Iodine detox can take care of significant problems that are constant chronic stressors; e.g., heavy metals and parasites. Dr. Mark Starr advocates using it and claims great success with his hypo patients. I've also read lots of positive reviews online from users.

Today I bought ten more medical books, mostly about thyroid health and iodine. (I also got one or two on salt; I'm switching to a new table salt and cooking salt that will cause less stress.)

"Iodine: Why You Need It, Why You Can't Live Without It"

"Overcoming Thyroid Disorders"

"Salt: Your Way to Health"

"The Guide to a Gluten-Free Diet"

"Pharmocracy: How Corrupt Deals and Misguided Medical Regulations Are Bankrupting America--and What to Do About It"

"Your Body's Many Cries for Water: You're Not Sick; You're Thirsty: Don't Treat Thirst with Medications"

"The Body Electric"

"Thyroid Power: Ten Steps to Total Health"

"The Thyroid Crisis and the Seaweed Remedy"

"Healing Is Voltage"

"Neuropathy and Myopathy in Treated Thyroid Disease"

"Could It Be B12?: An Epidemic of Misdiagnoses"

"The Coconut Oil Miracle"

"The Women's Guide to Thyroid Health: Comprehensive Solutions for All Your Thyroid Symptoms"

P.S. It seems hypo tends to reduce circulation to the skin which could prevent nerves from getting what they need.
When you mention about stress causing problems to the adrenal, do you mean the stress of daily living or something else e.g. metals, etc. (i think you are referring to the latter, but just wanted to make sure).

Whew, that's a bunch of books!!!! I am sure you can find information that you will benefit....

Thank you.
Idiopathic PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote