Old 04-21-2012, 04:46 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by julleri View Post
The reactions are hard to explain. I got too much energy and felt crazy. I couldn't think and my thoughts were all over the place. My stomach got upset and I got a lot of gas. I had to frequently urinate and the urine smelled awful and was a funny color. I felt terrible. My therapist whom I told said it was the xylitol. She says she's seen others react kinda similar, feeling crazy, etc.

I just need a little bit of daily intake of B12, but I do not want to "feel" the vitamin, if that makes sense. The shots are up and down, which is awful. I take other vitamins (ironically enough, a multivitamin that contains only 18 mcg of B12, which I am obviously not absorbing). I don't "feel" those vitamins at all. So, I dunno. Would I be able to "not feel" a B12 oral that I swallow, the non-sublingual kind, do you think?

Thank you
I think you should swallow the B12... most of it is not absorbed.
It is not really believed that B12 is well absorbed sublingually, as the molecule is really huge and the area under the tongue is so small.
The studies comparing oral B12 to injectable, measured serum levels, and response to swallowing oral, and they both compared over time with improvements.

There are people who have "chemical sensitivities" and react to many things. Chemical sensitivities are not well understood, however.
B12 is so small a dose, it is not going to be obvious in the urine.
Other B's however, do cause color changes, and B1, will impart an odor which some call "yeasty". B2 and B6 typically cause a yellowish or light greenish cast in the urine about 2-4 hours after taking.

People reacting so quickly, may have a genetic issue with methylation. Folic acid is affected by this too. Folic is synthetic like cyano is synthetic, and so there is an active form for it available now for the genetic people who cannot make activated forms of both vitamins B12 and folic acid. It is called methylfolate and is OTC. Solgar makes it.

There is a theory that methylation issues contribute to some mental issues. Rapidly thinking thoughts, is a hypomanic state, and bipolar disorder is thought to be a methylation disorder. The drugs used to treat it block methylation of DNA.
The Pfeiffer institute has a site to explain this:
You can read this paper by Dr. Walsh and discuss with your doctor/therapist:
http://www.alternativementalhealth.c...s/pfeiffer.htm

It is possible you are triggering something that you normally do not feel, with the B12.

Certainly for people very low for very long times, there is an adjustment when the B12 is first given. But this varies from person to person. There are other forms of B12 that are slower in onset than methyl. You can try one of these to compare:
This one is recommended for those to are over reactive to the methyl form:
http://www.iherb.com/product-reviews...lets/2454/?p=1

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote