View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 07:09 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default The panic/anxiety of it all. Do you panic?

HELP ME! Thats all my little brain keeps thinking. I am stuck in a rut that I dont like and I cant figure out how to right myself.

My BP has been extra low due to some migraine meds I was on, and while its climbing (over 90) is still low. Since the introduction to the cardiac guy, my brain is racing with all the what ifs.

I had EKG, Echo, monitoring all day. I have had a stress test in the past and it was fine other than I have no stamina. I easily get my heart rate up to their target without flinching. I come from a mess of a gene pool. my mom, dad, grandparents on both sides, my sister, and both brothers have heart disease to one extent or another. Some had by pass, others dropped dead at their first sign of chest pain. All but 3 died in their 50s, the others died in their 60s. So...my 50th b/d is coming in a couple of months. see the trigger?

I eat healthy, I exercise. I get great medical care. My EKG, Echo and so forth were perfectly normal other than my low BP.

Why is it that I sit and feel my heart run, and my chest crush (ms hugs) and I cant turn off some TV program or relative I heard about how little johnny had your same sx and she just dropped dead. now, im not a worried person by nature, so its off for me to ruminate on something, but I just cant get this out of my head!

Took ativan yesterday. that helped the hug, and then took more to sleep, and then at 5am I woke in a panic (did I mention emotional stress can cause it too?) and took one more.

Is this chest crush normal? cant be heart of ativan wouldnt fix it. im a nurse for silly sake! you think all my years of service, and training would pull my head up high, but I cant shut it off!

Help me! What is YOUR experience? (watch, no one will answer. thats a big fear, that Im doing this wrong, and others are laughing at me.) UGH!

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (04-21-2012), Lara (04-22-2012), SallyC (04-21-2012)