View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 07:02 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I did not mean to be offensive. I was just asking for more info. My online search only found Reiki Master Teacher associated with Cranial Sacral. But I did not find a definition of Cranial Sacral Massage. I was guessing about Registered Massage Therapist because I did not find that associated with Cranial Sacral Massage.

Use of abbreviations and short hand as in those used in smart phone texting is foreign to many of us.

So, what do they do in Cranial Sacral Massage? Is it just another name for Cranial Sacral Therapy or Osteopathic Manipulative Technique? Or is it a special massage technique used by massage therapists?

I suggest alternative definitions because often people will give a generalized definition or description that is just as puzzling.

Cranial Sacral Therapy or Osteopathic Manipulative Technique has been discussed. The skull plate reading and plate adjusting is highly controversial. Any attempt to manipulate the skull plates is questionable for someone with a concussion history.

The spinal manipulation techniques of CST/OMT can be very helpful as many with concussions have also suffered spinal injuries.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote