View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 07:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Grin Major Improvements after Nedley Depression Recovery Program

Hi, everybody!

I've been back now for a few weeks from this program and just wanted to report on it as it may help some others:
http://www.drnedley.com/10-day-depre...y-program.html

I had a GREAT experience there, and I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend this program and Dr. Nedley's books or self-study materials. He knows a TON about the brain and nutrition and focuses on getting the brain in optimal working condition through a variety of natural methods.

My depression improved from "severe" when I started to "mild" at the end of the ten days. The ten days is the kickoff for a twenty week at-home program, and most participants at the end of the twenty weeks are able to be in complete remission AND off all meds. Several weeks later, I'm now testing as not depressed and getting ready to start stepping down my meds.

Although the primary focus is depression recovery, Dr. Nedley primarily addresses depression from a brain health perspective, and most of my post-concussive symptoms also resolved during the program. He said that they have had several people with post-concussion syndrome come through the program and most have experienced improvement.

He started me on a new migraine preventive: 500 mg magnesium, 400 mg riboflavin (vitamin B2), and maximum dose of butterbur (for the brand I have, it's 75 mg 3x/day) taken daily. I had decreasing headaches the first part of the week I was there and haven't had ANY since then -- nearly a month now.

A bonus (and totally unexpected) result was that my back and leg pain is also much improved as a result of the exercise program and hydrotherapy. I'm able to exercise independently at home now for long periods of time and just touching base with my physical therapist once a week for a while to make sure nothing flares up again.

Dr. Nedley's program does primarily address the frontal lobe, so if you are experiencing significant problems with memory, vision, or vestibular function, some other form of occupational or physical therapy might be more appropriate. But for those relatively non-specific, lingering symptoms that so many of us experience, this seems to be a BIG part of the answer.

Also, Dr. Nedley is a Christian, and this program is definitely run from a Christian perspective. They do have people from a variety of faith backgrounds participating, but a lot of the content is presented from a Christian perspective.

So, hope this info can help someone else. Any comments or questions?

Was experiencing:
Persistent headaches, fatigue, slowed cognitive functions, depression
Symptoms exacerbated by being in a crowd, watching TV, driving, other miscellaneous stress & sensory overload
Sciatica/piriformis syndrome with numbness & loss of reflex

Largely recovered after participating in Nedley Depression Recovery Program March 2012:

Eowyn Rides Again: My Journey Back from Concussion

Eowyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ConcussedJ (04-23-2012), EsthersDoll (04-23-2012), GlassHead (04-22-2012), greenfrog (04-21-2012), HeadStrong (05-01-2012), Klaus (04-24-2012), postconcussion (04-22-2012), Soccergal (04-22-2012), Theta Z (04-21-2012), xanadu00 (04-22-2012), xxxxcrystalxxxx (04-21-2012)