View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 09:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you for all your help.

It is amazing how up and down I feel. Yesterday morning I felt "anemic." I had a hard time breathing, had absolutely no appetite, felt dizzy, could not think, etc. Sometime around 3:00 in the afternoon I felt yesterday morning's shot of cyanocobalamin kick in (apparently by body can methylate it well) and I felt better. Not great, but better. I had a bad evening again, where I felt a lot of pain and felt horribly depressed and confused. Today, I felt more "stable" and "even." I felt pretty good. I looked in my sharps container and I've given myself 8 injections so far. Is it normal in the beginning of this to go between a good day and a bad day so rapidly like this? I am afraid of going only once a week. My therapist recommended that I keep taking the shots every other day for this week and calling my doctor if I need more shots and ask him to continue every other day if I have to. But this can't be normal, right? No one takes these shots every day or every other day on a normal basis.

I found a B12 pill that is not a sublingual that I am willing to give a try. It is a capsule form, and is only 500mcg. The only other ingredients in this (besides the caynocobalamin) are rice flour, gelatin, and beet powder. I don't think I should "react" to any of these. I know it's only 500, but I could not find any 1000 mcg or higher that didn't have any sugar alcohols in them. Would it be OK, if I try this 500 and don't negatively react to it, to take two 500's and get the diffusion effect? Is it OK that it's a capsule?

I read that it takes about 20 injections to fully reload the liver of it's depleted B12 stores. Will these up and downs finally even out at about that time? Also, since B12 is stored in the liver, could it be that I have a liver function problem? I see B12 deficiency is really only caused by diet or absorption issues, but do you know if there are any B12 deficiency caused by liver problems known?

I also voiced my concerns over the high boost of energy I get from the methylcobalamin form to my therapist, and she suggested I try maybe 500mcg shots instead of the full 1000. Any ideas on this?

This B12 issue is so complex. I wish it were just as easy as take a tablet everyday, feel better. It really doesn't help that I'm also in the thick of antidepressant withdrawal and maybe other health issues as well.

Thank you,
Jason
julleri is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote