View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 10:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

So far, my neuro has run the following tests:

MRI/CT of the brain, neck and lumbar spine; IFE serum blood work; Lyme antibody test; PROTEIN ELECTROPHORESIS SERUM; 2 hour glucose; and B-12 and folate. Recently, I made my neuro test for Myasthenia Gravis too. . . all were negative or within the normal range.

My GP did these tests:

arthritis panel (only the ESR was elevated); thyroid; auto hemogram/platelet (WBC and Hemocrit were slightly low); and vitamin d (which was severely low at only 9).

I am currently on an aspirin regime, and you were correct, I had a TIA. I was diagnosed with tachycardia/heart disease/2nd degree AV block. I have had osteoarthritis in my hand for years, but I now have joint pain in both hands, feet, knees, and hips. I attributed it to the low vit d, but the supplements (50,000 iu) don't seem to be helping. I did go purchase some d3 (thanks Mrs. D) so I'm hoping it will help. I have poor balance (I tip into walls and have even fallen down the stairs with my toddler) visual disturbances, like vertigo and blurry vision, brain fog where I can't articulate my words, and this horrible PN. I typically don't get many headaches, and my appetite is relatively normal. I do think I might have IBS, but I try to eat a high fiber diet, and it seems to help.

I did have a horrendous last pregnancy, where I suffered malnutrition and had to have a PICC line placed (hyperemesis). The line became infected, and I was septic due to g-negative bacteria. I have asked if that could have long-term consequences, but have been told no.

I really appreciate you asking me these questions, so I have tried to be as thorough as possible.
Agirlandhertort1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
en bloc (04-22-2012)