View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 09:40 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Default Back On-Topic - Update from Post #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Smith View Post
After reviewing Dr. Tennant's articles again, doing more homework online, and discussions with family & other patients, I've decided to add DHEA to my regimen. I began today. Again, I'm taking it slowly, titrating to find a good level, and will be taking regular breaks every week.

I've been off the pantothenic acid (B5) for a few weeks due to a foul-up in re-ordering. I've noticed a slight difference in how I feel in general (not as good as I did) and perhaps more significant, I've had a flare of cystic acne, which hasn't happened since I began the B5. If for nothing else, it's worth taking just for that.
I have now been taking DHEA (50 mg./day, divided into two 25 mg. doses, 4-5 contiguous days/week) since the middle of February. Earlier this week, my wife commented, for the first time since my chronic pain began, "I've got my old [Doc] back!" and that's what she plans to tell our doctor next time we see him. While I've noticed a vast (and I don't use that term cavalierly) improvement in how I feel, she has noticed a vast improvement in my demeanor, mood, and energy level.

I am NOT cured/healed. I am still in constant pain. But my perception of that pain is less, my ability to cope with it better, and I am doing more - I am able to do more - than I have in some considerable time - years.

I am back on the pantothenic acid (B5) as well - since mid-late February. acne flares are gone - even during times I should/would ordinarily get them (skin irritation, periods of high stress, dietary triggers), and I'm feeling more like I did before I stopped it - even better since I think it's doing what it's supposed to in fuelling the conversion of pregnenolone and DHEA into other badly deficient/needed/suppressed adrenal hormones. It has recently come to my attention (from a visitor post) that biotin may also be involved in this conversion process. Somehow I missed this in my previous research, but I checked my B-complex supplement, and it only supplies 1/3 of the RDA, so I will be looking into this further, and if warranted, may be adding biotin to my regimen.

My next round of blood tests is not for another two-plus months, but I am due to see our next week.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.

Last edited by Dr. Smith; 04-22-2012 at 10:36 PM.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote