View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 02:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I am taking NOW Foods brand Butterbur. Also, Dr. Nedley did say that this combination can take up to a month to reach full effectiveness because it the substances take a while to build up in the body.

While we were at the program, the exercise program was for us to exercise 2-3 hours a day. We were doing interval training based on our own personalized heart rate calculations. Because of the PCS, Dr. Nedley had me working at a lower intensity than normal but I was able to keep up with the full exercise time!

We also did hydrotherapy twice a day. We were immersed up to the shoulders alternating in hot water and cold water to increase circulation to the brain. Of course, it also increased circulation everywhere else as well.

They had a physical therapist come in at the beginning of the week to do some work to loosen up my leg and back, and over the week the hydrotherapy and stretching (I think) worked in combination to keep it from tightening up again.

This was QUITE remarkable since it been in serious spasm for a matter of months. Prior to leaving for the program, I had been going to PT twice a week and I had JUST been able to get back to exercising outside of the pool but needed the PT to unknot my leg after nearly every exercise session.

Hope that helps! Let me know if anything isn't clear.

Was experiencing:
Persistent headaches, fatigue, slowed cognitive functions, depression
Symptoms exacerbated by being in a crowd, watching TV, driving, other miscellaneous stress & sensory overload
Sciatica/piriformis syndrome with numbness & loss of reflex

Largely recovered after participating in Nedley Depression Recovery Program March 2012:

Eowyn Rides Again: My Journey Back from Concussion

Eowyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
xanadu00 (04-22-2012)