View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 02:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Can I vent too?
I had gone 8 months without a concussion and I was beginning to feel better and beginning to be able to work out etc... but then I went to watch a soccer game and someone accidentally kicked a ball into my head and I got another concussion. This time I am not recovering or dealing with it as well as I was. I have to attend 10 classes a week, I also have 2 papers due in the next 2 weeks and I have to give a 30 minute oration on my senior thesis topic and then defend it for 30 minutes this coming Saturday. But I can barely remember how to write a coherent sentence and when I am talking to people I keep stopping half-way through my conversation and have to be reminded of what I have been saying. The pain isn't that bad, but the nausea is worse than ever and the dizziness and lack of concentration are worse than ever before. Also, I never cry, but every few days I just break down an ball now. I am 3 weeks away from graduating with a Bachelors having taken 150 credit hours over the past 4 years. And I got my first concussion (of at least 10) half way through the second semester of my freshman year.
I am trying to stay motivated, but it is so hard.
Thanks for listening, I just needed to get this off my chest.

Fell off a horse in late winter of 2009 blacked out for a couple seconds, had amnesia for 10 hours (still don't remember this time), had 2 CT scans, 2 MRI's, 1 MRA all negative. Since the first concussion I have continually knocked my head into different things purely by accident or from being stupid. These many concussions over a short period of time have caused
constant migraines, nausea, and dizziness/lack of balance.
Migraine triggers are:
light sensitivity (especially to florescent or bright lights)
sound sensitivity (especially to high pitched or loud sounds)
temperature sensitivity (especially to cold or extreme heat)
activity (especially if breathing increases or head is jostled)
pressure on head (sinuses, hats, headbands, sunglasses, pony-tails)
lacks or quality (food, sleep, water)
tension (stress, tight muscles, tired eyes, sickness)
Margarite is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote