View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 03:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks for this info. I'll look into Theanine. I had tachycardia when younger, and nothing to stop it. Propanalol now keeps that at bay, as well as atrial fibriillation--just a small amount, 5 mg times 3 times a day, or 15 mg a day. Most people with Porphyria take it, and it is apparently harmless for porph patients.
Do I have anxiety? I am not sure. I know I, like you, MrsD. have terrible memories, and these are becoming worse now that I'm alone most of the time, husband having died 3 1/2 years ago. I have anguish more than anxiety, I think. Remembering what might have been IF....especially if I'd been properly dx'd when in college, and not allowed to get nerve damage which ended up with MS dx in middle age, then Porphyria...(I also have Polycythemia Vera, posted about taking p32 on another thread today).
But a wise counselor told me this two years ago while I was in Seattle: nothing that turned out well in my life, such as the love of my wonderful husband, would have been the same, or even exist, without what went before in my life, including the horrible things. Someone said the same thing this morning in my church "discussion group"--we are what our past made us, combined with what we realize right now.
Mariel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
karilann (04-22-2012)