View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 08:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New Neuro...new diagnosis

Been on a computer hiatus for a few weeks(since computer use is the leading cause of my headaches). Good to be back but not too glad. Went to another Neurologist to get a second opinion. He diagnosed me with "Post-traumatic Headache" instead of PCS. I was under the impression that post-traumatic headaches were part of PCS? Seeing as I also originally had all of the other classic PCS symptoms for months after my injury sensitivity to light, dizziness, etc. So I'm not too sure about his diagnosis. I asked him if 8 months with problems was rare and he said it was uncommon for someone to suffer from PCS for this length of time but for post-traumatic headache, 8 months is normal. He stated a span of 6 to 12 months was the norm for PTH.

This new Neurologist got me back on Amitriptyline which is good seeing as my original Neurologist switched me to Notriptyline(which didn't work as well) and a follow-up in 3 months. This new doctor also wants to give me a nerve block(numb some nerves in my head??) on my next follow-up in a few weeks. Any advice on this? He seemed very nonchalant about doing this and said that it should rid me of all headaches for a few months. He also prescribed me 25mg Topamax. I bought it but I'm very hesitant to try it after researching a side effect from it which can cause permanent blindness

Anyways, not sure if the Topamax or the nerve block is really warranted for my condition at this point. Just taking the 30mg of Amitriptyline daily. I only get headaches after looking at a computer screen for too long. Very rarely are they that painful any more as they have decreased in severity and frequency. Taking lots of breaks away from the screen helps. I still get the sharp stabbing headaches in the back of my head a few times a day but these only last seconds. My main symptom is head discomfort now.
__________________________________________________ ___________
8 months PCS (or is is it PTH now???). Current symptoms: Minor headaches, constant head discomfort(itching, tingling, cool sensation in face and head), tinnitus, easily aggravated, depression(when will it end ).
TooStressed is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote