View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 09:47 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Drifting,

I your head aches are tolerable, I see no reason to add more meds. Learning to understand your head aches will be much better that using an artificial way of avoiding them. If the amitriptyline keeps them manageable, try to use this time to develop more head ache management skills. As you learn your tolerance for the computer and other activities, you may become able to manage almost all of your head aches.

Chances are that you will need these skills in your future. From time to time, you will experience a relapse of PCS symptoms. Having management skills will go a long way.

I would disregard the PCS vs PTH diagnosis. Your neuro sounds like a run of the mill doc regarding PCS. At least he is treating your head aches successfully.

Don't be afraid to express your own ideas about your care. The Lidocaine nerve blocks and Botox shots do not work for everybody. If you have found success, you can make your own choice to continue with that success.

Think of how you are learning to manage your head aches. These same kinds of observations and modifications in your behavior and activities can help you manage your struggles with irritability and getting easily aggravated.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Drifting (04-23-2012)