View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 04:20 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Red face

Lol thanks Mari

Indeed, yesterday was like that... i was only going to do 2 300 mg doses spread apart... but after the first dose seemed to do amazing things with the migraine and neuralgia all down my neck... and since the headache reappeared about 6 hours after dosing, i took another 300 right then... kerflumppppp!!!

then i took 300 about 2 am...

today i have no headache, how nice, wow, wish i could take a picture of this feeling!

i have to get up to 4x300mg a day... i'm usually methodical with titration but i'm going to play it by ear ... if i start getting a headache i'll throw a full 300 dose at it, ramp or no ramp.

i was so amazed that it helped. it was not placebo effect... i could feel the drug in my whole body. my expectation was that it might make me sleepy but that it would take a while (weeks) in the system to help as a prophylactic. i just hope the results persist.

===========================
getting going on neuro...

mom just went to the nearby hospital (which i hate but through which i must have my exemption processed). She needed to book something for dad, so i gave her my referral to try to book me a neuro. worst case i will at least find out that my referral is expired.

i forgot to take down the referral number. when she gets back i'll call for an appt with the neruo my pdoc knows. Since he practises in a different area (health system) he probably can't do the exemption paperwork for me, but i'd like to see him first if possible. i can't do the exemption on the first visit anyway, so i could see him, then take the dx etc to the horrible hospital nearby.

Right then, here goes measuring out a 150 dose of gabapentin... lol fun fun fun. i have to eat the first half w/o capsule... yuck! it is very bitter!

~ waves ~
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (04-23-2012), Dmom3005 (04-23-2012), ginnie (06-09-2012), Lara (04-23-2012), Mari (04-23-2012), mymorgy (04-23-2012)